Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Catch me if you can

Sorry for being quiet so long. There is not really any good excuse to that, except that I have been on the road (or better in the air) if not for the last three months, so at least for the last month. I left Somaliland, which by now became something like a second home to me, end of May to pay a visit to my real home, Italy.

Heading out of Somaliland and north towards Italy turned out to be a rather time consuming expedition, while travelling back to Somaliland (at least the last leg Nairobi to Hargeisa) was a rather adventerous expedition (no, the airplane I travelled with did not loose any door, but had enough other scurrille features - in depth report will be posted soon).

In between these two trips, I re-discovered how much I am still connected to Europe, and how lovely it is to disappear in a crowd without anybody taking notice of me (why that is so will be answered soon)


While most of my mind and thoughts are by now back in Somaliland, getting used to whatever can be called work and life in this forgotten, yet fascinating place, one little part of myself is still surfing on a "catch me if you can" wave - the picture below explains why...
Red: Day one: Hargeisa - Addis - night in Addis
Yellow: Day two: Addis - Nairobi - night in Nairobi
Black: Day three: Nairobi - Doha - night in Doha
Blue: Day four: Nairobi - Munich - Zuerich - three nights in Zuerich
White: Day seven: Zuerich - Eppan - seven nights in Eppan
Green: Day fourteen: Eppan - Vienna - five nights in Vienna
Grey: Day nineteen: Vienna - Bratislava - London: three nights in London
Pink: Day twenty two: London - Nairobi - four nights in Nairobi
Orange: Day twenty four: Nairobi - Djibouti - Hargeisa - end of the travel

More reports on what happened during the last three months any time from now ;)
 

Free Blog Counter